Executive Headteacher: Mrs B. Nesbit
Chair of Governors: Fr Kieran Fletcher
Required as soon as possible
The Governing Body is fully committed to safeguarding and to promoting the safety and welfare of all our young people. There is a firm expectation that all staff will be accountable in sharing this commitment actively. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School is situated close to Doncaster town centre with close links with the A1 and other major motorway routes.
The governors are seeking to appoint an experienced EYFS practitioner ready for Leadership across the EYFS setting supportive of the Catholic faith.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent EYFS teacher who can support high quality provision, teaching and assessment and lead the Foundation Stage Unit
- support fully our Catholic ethos, vision and values
- demonstrate a passion for teaching and be a practitioner that others can be inspired by
- be an excellent early years practitioner with good leadership skills
- possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with parents and deploy staff effectively
- be creative in inspiring, nurturing and motivating our children and staff
- have high expectations regarding pupils’ progress, achievement and behaviour
- Prepared to be hardworking and well organised!
- be willing to support our partner school to achieve positive outcomes in the EYFS
- be committed to achieving the best outcome for every child
- support the implementation of the Post Ofsted Action Plan in order to ensure consistency of practice, standards and expectations
- be committed to their own continuing professional development
- be prepared to engage actively and fully with the wider life of school and the development of others
- have relevant experience in leading the EYFS supporting learning, ensuring excellence, leading staff meetings and facilitating training
We can offer:
- an exciting opportunity to work in a school that is striving to be the best it can be with the opportunity to have input into the refurbishment of the unit
- a commitment to you and your professional development
- opportunities to engage with colleagues in partner schools
- a commitment to fully to supporting all staff in order to drive and sustain school improvement
- Wonderful and well behaved children
- Leadership opportunities
- The school is seeking to strengthen the teaching and leadership team to make rapid progress in preparation for the next inspection;
- Brand new EYFS unit;
- Well-resourced school with close links to the major motorways;
- Hard-working staff and children;
- Opportunities to develop as a senior leader
Application packs are available on request. The CES application form must be completed as agreed by the Diocese of Hallam. Visits are welcomed and encouraged. If you would like to visit or have any questions please contact the Executive Assistant:
- Closing Date: July 3rd 2018 (noon)
- Shortlisting: July 3rd 2018
- Interviews: July 10th 2018
CES Application Form:
School address: St Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School, Roberts Road, Balby, Doncaster, DN4 0JN
Tel: 01302 344678
Come and see for yourself!
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
Doncaster Council is committed to meeting the needs of our diverse community where we strive to improve the quality of life for all. We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expect all staff to share these commitments.