Social Worker x 2 posts
Salary details: Grade 8/9 £25,809 - £35,248
Balby Central Primary Academy - The Rose Learning Trust
Doncaster, DN4 0LL
T: 01302 321914
Headteacher: Mrs E Cooke
37 hours per week, term time plus 5 training days.
Commencement Date: September 2018.
The Rose Learning Trust is looking to appoint a hardworking, flexible, enthusiastic, conscientious and self-motivated person who would like to provide a key role in the delivery of the national curriculum.
About us – what we can offer you:
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children
• Dedicated, hardworking teachers and support staff who are passionate about making learning exciting for children
• A strong leadership team
• A supportive local governing body and Trust board who are committed to helping move the school forward
• Excellent professional development opportunities
About you - what you can offer us:
• A strong vision and strategic drive for the future of our school
• An excellent communicator with an approachable personal style
• An ambition for excellence in pupil development, learning and achievement so our learners reach their full potential
• A dynamic and inspirational approach to further motivate children and staff
• Previous experience of working in a PE primary role
• Resilience – a resilient personality and a willingness to strive and improve and learn from previous experiences
• Demonstrate emotional intelligence and show empathy to children
• Experience of taking children to sport fixtures and school games events
• Be physically fit for a physically demanding job
Background of PE at Balby Central Primary Academy
The last academic year has seen the school place a real emphasis on improving its PE and sports provision. We run an extensive extra-curricular programme with often two sport related after school clubs each day. The PE Leader and Sports Coach are at the heart of this provision but are well supported by teaching staff across school. The high quality provision has led to our children being scouted for the Northern Ballet School an has also enabled us to become the only school in Doncaster to become SSE Wildcats for Girls Football Centre, providing a great opportunity for girls to play football.
The school has taken a lead in the Rose Learning Trust to organise a Trust Sports Day, a team games afternoon and a local football league. The PE Leader and Sports Coach work tirelessly to provide opportunities inside and outside school including workshops, taster sessions, sports trips and regular interschool and intraschool fixtures in a range of sports.
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
An application form is attached to the advert. To apply please email your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We promote diversity and applications are welcome from all, irrespective of sex, sexuality, race, religion, marital status, age or disability. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to Vetting and Barring Scheme disclosure.
As a member of staff you also benefit from greater opportunities for professional development and promotion as we encourage movement between our academies to give you broader work experience. Therefore, you could be required to work in any school within the Academy Trust.
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd May 2018 at midday
Shortlisting date: Thursday 24th May 2018
Interview date: Monday 11th June 2018
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
We are committed to the equality of opportunity in the services provided to customers and all aspects of employment. We warmly welcome applications from all sectors of the community. Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Equality Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed. To find out more about Doncaster Council, please visit http://www.doncaster.gov.uk